Be awake! Be alert! Do not be fooled by anyone! This includes the monologues from IC, MM and G*!
They are said in many ways: slowly, quietly, loudly, persuasively, somatically, clipped, authoritatively, wisely…even happily!
Yet no matter how they are said…
Remember to Be awake! Be alert! Do not be fooled by anyone!
Here are a few to be aware of…
- You just aren’t good enough yet.
- This is another one of your follies.
- You are out of your league.
- Who do you think you are, anyway?
- There is no way you can succeed.
- You are too old. You are too young. You are just too much!
- You don’t know how to do this.
- What if _________ happens?
- You need to wait until __________.
- You tried before and it didn’t work.
- You’ve abstained from _______, now you deserve to have just a little. One (drink, toke, dose, bite) won’t hurt. Go for it!
Being awake and alert are the first steps…more to follow on Friday!
*IC = Inner Critic
*MM = Monkey Mind
*G = Gremlin
Remember: No guts, no glory!